Portrait of the Crusader
A Crusader is...
An Inspired Learner
- Communicates effectively through productive discourse and the written word
- Demonstrates initiative, responsibility, and resilience with a collaborative spirit
- Prioritizes growth, views failure as opportunity, and strives for the best version of oneself
- Thinks critically about the synthesis of data and responds creatively with defendable, original work
- Solves problems through innovation, imagination, and self-advocacy
- Seeks personal relevance in and ownership of learning to become truly college and career ready
A Faithful Citizen
- Practices honest self-reflection, mindfulness, and the examination of conscience.
- Demands fairness, respects others’ beliefs, and values the uniqueness of every human being.
- Internalizes spheres of influence including family, school, nation, and world.
- Respects and celebrates the traditions of family and our Holy Cross community.
- Recognizes and reflects on divine Providence in everyday life. Serves those in need in our world with a selfless and generous spirit.
An Honorable Soul
- Engages in the quest for happiness and fulfillment with passion, optimism, and courage.
- Pursues personal and collective goals with zeal, fidelity, care, and purpose.
- Follows a moral compass rooted in respect, character, integrity, hope, and kindness.
- Fosters relationships with loyalty, compassion, and empathy.
- Lives with confidence and bravery tempered by gratitude, humility, and grace.
- Inspires peers as a role model who serves the common good with selflessness and sacrifice.