Reopening - Fall 2020
I am proud to share with the community our Reopening plan for Holy Cross High School. We have constructed this page to provide the information families need in the most straightforward format, prioritizing key topics, and routinely updating content to meet the needs of this rapidly changing environment. This plan is the product of much work, and I think marries the best aspects of our Holy Cross education with the health and safety demands of COVID 19.
Holy Cross's mission has always been a balance of providing our students with all the knowledge and tools they need to thrive and succeed, while also imbuing them with a sense of hope, one that they will bring to society and the world. Our mission is more relevant now than perhaps ever before. We will succeed in this current climate by working together, supporting each other, and remembering who we are at our core. We are Holy Cross.
Dr. Thomas C. Pellegrino
President, Holy Cross High School
- When will Holy Cross High School reopen for the start of the 2020-2021 school year?
- How will in-person learning be possible?
- What is a Digital Learning Cohort?
- What is your Daily Schedule? When does school day begin and end?
- How will you handle arrivals and departures?
- What if my student is going to be late/absent?
- Will COVID-19 tests be mandatory at the start of the school year?
- Will facemasks be required?
- How will students acesss restrooms? How will lunch be handled?
- Will students use lockers in the fall?
- What is your plan for athletics, arts and extra-curriculars?
- What are your cleaning protocals?
- Do I have to quarantine if I have traveled out of state?
- What happens if we have to return to Distance Learning?
- Can my son or daughter choose virtual versus in person learning?
- Will tuition be discounted if we go to a virtual/online platform full time in the next school year?
- Since recommendations from government officials and medical personnel are ever-changing, how dynamic and flexible is your planning?
- How do I protect myself and others from COVID-19?
If you would like more information, we invite you to watch this virtual town meeting with Dr. Thomas C. Pellegrino, President and Mr. Thomas Pompei, Principal where they go into more detail on our reopening.