Below is the Summer Reading List/Assignments for 2018.
English, History / Social Studies, Theology
Abraham: A Journey to the Heart of Three Faiths by Bruce Feiler ISBN 9780060838669 (Note: Students from all grade levels are required to read this book.)
AP English (Course #241)
Black Boy by Richard Wright
AP Psychology(Course #390)
Phantoms in Brain by Ramachandran
AP U.S. History (Course #341)
Founding Brothers by Joseph Ellis
AP World History (Course #340)
Art of War by Sun Tzu
AP European History (Course #342)
Sophie’s World by Jostein Gaarder
Biology (Course #621, 622)
Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
Earth Science (Course #629)
Perfect Storm by Sebastian Junger
Chemistry (Course #631, 632 or 633)
Physics (Course #641 or 642) CHOOSE ONE OF FOUR
Storm in a Teacup by Helen Czerski
The Physics of the Future by Michio Kaku
Physics for Future Presidents by Richard Muller
What If? By Randall Munroe
AP Biology (Course #644)
Hot Zone by Richard Preston
AP Physics (Course # 640)
Ordering at your official store is easy!
- Access our Virtual Bookstore at: http://bookstore.mbsdirect.net/holycrosshs-ct.htm
- Select the courses in which your student is enrolled
- Select new, used, or digital books
- Course materials are shipped to you within 24 hours of ordering
MBS Direct has developed a multitude of services designed specifically for Holy Cross families:
- A Guaranteed Buyback program to help your family budget for the entire academic term and understand how much it will truly cost to own that particular textbook.
- Used books up to 25% off the price of a new book price.
- Customer Loyalty program for more money at buyback.
- 100% returns policy will refund your money for 30 days after the order is placed or 30 days after school has started, whichever comes later.
MBS Direct offers their customer service team ready to answer questions, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Just call 1-800-325-3252 or email VB@mbsbooks.com.