The generosity of our school community – Board members, administrators, teachers, staff, alumni, parents, grandparents and friends – has allowed Holy Cross to grow and prosper for the past five decades. There are many ways you can contribute to our school.
The Annual Fund, our annual giving campaign, can be considered the checking account for our school. It provides the school with unrestricted operating income that can be directed towards areas of greatest need. Your gift bridges the gap between tuition and the actual cost of educating a student at Holy Cross. If you can only give once, we ask that you contribute to the Annual Fund. You can also participate in this year's Cross & Anchor Challenge!
Gifts to the Annual Fund can be made through:
- Cash Donations (made in one-time payments or monthly payments)
- Memorial and Honorary Gifts - Your memorial gift can help to perpetuate the values that guided a loved one’s life. Gifts may honor a person during his or her lifetime or commemorate a significant event.
- Matching Gifts - Through matching gift programs, many companies offer employees a benefit that promotes charitable giving in support of education. To find out if your company or your spouse’s company sponsors a matching gift program, please click here. By taking the extra time to apply for a matching gift from your company you could double or even triple the value of your contribution!
- Gift of Stock - A great way to show your support for Holy Cross is through the transfer of stock. It is beneficial to transfer stock directly to Holy Cross because you avoid a capital gains tax on any increased value and can also receive an income tax deduction for the full market value of the stock.
Endowment gifts (or any other Capital Donation) can be considered contributions to the savings account for our school. They demonstrate your commitment to future generations of Holy Cross students.
Planned gift, deferred gift, estate gift – different names for a way to manage your affairs, plan for the future, and make a gift to Holy Cross High School. These are the most common types of planned gifts.
- Income Producing Plans: Charitable Gift Annuities and Charitable Remainder Trusts.
- Charitable Lead Trusts: Support Holy Cross now and still leave assets to your heirs.
- Bequests: Make a gift by will.
- Life Insurance: Use a life insurance policy to make a substantial gift.
Holy Cross High School is not engaged in rendering legal or tax advice. For assistance with specific cases, the services of an attorney or other professional advisor should be obtained.