Crusader Hall of Honor
Holy Cross High School recently announced that nine individuals and one athletic team will be inducted into the Crusader Hall of Honor. Alumni, teachers, administrators, friends and athletic teams are recognized in this prestigious group for their achievements and contributions to Holy Cross and/or their local communities.
"When we look at the Hall of Honor Class of 2020, we see the perfect embodiment of what the Hall represents Individuals who made the Holy Cross mission live in their work, their service, their philanthropy and really their lives," said Dr. Thomas C. Pellegrino, President. "Words like determination, zeal, honor, compassion and generosity are reflected so well in this Class. The Hall of Honor Class of 2020 represents the best of who we are as a faith community charged to bring hope and model that perfect marriage of heart and mind. My congratulations to this year's inductees."
The Crusader Hall of Honor is comprised of several distinguished awards:
- The Crusader Award, honoring an alumnus/a who distinguished himself/herself during his/her time at Holy Cross. This year's recipients include: Sally Bowman '86, Rob Paternostro '91, Chanessa Saunders '93 and Nicole Zuraitis '03
- The Saint Andre Bessette Award, honoring an alumnus/a who distinguished himself/herself in life after high school. This year's recipients include: Chris Corbett '93 and Msgr. Thomas Ginty '76.
- The Blessed Father Basil Moreau Award, honoring a coach, teacher, administrator or staff member for their stand-out, outstanding service to Holy Cross. This year's recipients include: Phyllis Altieri and Frank Steponaitis
- The Saint Marguerite Bourgeoys Award, honoring the contributions of our loyal friends of Holy Cross. This year's recipient is Jeff Fryer '87.
- The Green and Gold Award, honoring teams that have brought respect and honor to Holy Cross High School because of their outstanding accomplishments while in high school. This year's recipient is the 1995 Boys' Basketball Team