Crusader Hall of Honor
The Crusader Hall of Honor was created to recognize the accomplishments and services of our Crusader community members. Our honorees consist of alumni, teachers, administrators and friends who have made a significant contribution to the Holy Cross community in the ways they have lived their lives and in how they represented the values taught at Holy Cross.
The Hall of Honor is made up of four distinguished awards:
- The Crusader Award – this honors an alumnus/a who distinguished himself/herself in co-curricular activities including athletics, arts and humanities during his/her time at Holy Cross.
- The Saint Andre Bessette Award – this honors an alumnus/a who distinguished himself/herself in the greater community in life after high school.
- The Blessed Father Basil Moreau Award – this honors a coach, teacher, administrator or staff member who made significant contributions to the lives of the young people they encountered during their years at Holy Cross.
- The Saint Marguerite Bourgeoys Award – this recognizes our loyal Holy Cross friends who made a significant impact on the school community through their commitment and dedication.
- The Green and Gold Award, honoring teams that have brought respect and honor to Holy Cross High School because of their outstanding accomplishments while in high school.
2018 Hall of Honor Inductees
The Crusader Award:
- Recipients: Carmen P. Giampetruzzi '82, Entrepreneur/Business Owner (Manchester, NH),
Lt. Col. Gralyn Harris '77, Retired Army Lieutenant Colonel (Evans, GA)
The Saint Andre Bessette Award:
- Recipient: Sandra Vigliotti Senich '82, Managing Director US Trust Bank of America Private Wealth Management (Woodbury, CT)
The Blessed Father Basil Moreau Award:
- Recipients: Br. Tom Dziekan, C.S.C., Provincial Superior, Congregation of Holy Cross, Moreau Province (Austin, TX),
Sr. Pat Jamele, Retired Guidance Counselor, Holy Cross High School (Waterbury, CT), Margaret Leger, Retired Administrator, Holy Cross High School,
Amadeo Rinaldi, Retired Administrator, Holy Cross High School (Waterbury, CT)
The Saint Marguerite Bourgeoys Award:
- Recipient: Dr. Robert Porzio '72, Chiropractor, Porzio Chiropractic Center (Waterbury, CT )
The Green and Gold Award:
- Recipient: The 1988 Varsity Boys' Basketball Team (In honor of their 1988 Class LL State Championship win, the first State Championship in school history)
Other accomplishments and recognitions will be celebrated at this event:
- Long-time Theology teacher and recent retiree, Dennis Killian will be celebrated for his 33 years of service.
- Science teacher, Nicholas Lauzon, will be honored as Holy Cross's Educator of the Year.
- Maryann Dzinski '84 will receive The Father Francis Grogan Service Award, honoring an individual, from our school community for her loyal and dedicated service to Holy Cross.