Crusader Hall of Honor
The Crusader Hall of Honor was created to recognize the accomplishments and services of our Crusader community members. Our honorees consist of alumni, teachers, administrators and friends who have made a significant contribution to the Holy Cross community in the ways they have lived their lives and in how they represented the values taught at Holy Cross.
The Hall of Honor is made up of four distinguished awards:
- The Crusader Award – this honors an alumnus/a who distinguished himself/herself in co-curricular activities including athletics, arts and humanities during his/her time at Holy Cross.
- The Saint Andre Bessette Award – this honors an alumnus/a who distinguished himself/herself in the greater community in life after high school.
- The Blessed Father Basil Moreau Award – this honors a coach, teacher, administrator or staff member who made significant contributions to the lives of the young people they encountered during their years at Holy Cross.
- The Saint Marguerite Bourgeoys Award – this recognizes our loyal Holy Cross friends who made a significant impact on the school community through their commitment and dedication.
2017 Hall of Honor Inductees
The Crusader Award:
- Recipients: Patricia Conlan '89, Head Softball Coach, Georgetown University (Fairfax, VA) &
Fran Marrello '72, PGA Golf Pro, Canaan CC (Plymouth, CT)
The Saint Andre Bessette Award:
- Recipients: Salvatore Agati '75, Judge, Waterbury Superior Court in Connecticut (Watertown, CT) & David Martin '83, Fire Chief, City of Waterbury (Waterbury, CT)
The Blessed Father Basil Moreau Award:
- Recipients: Brother James Kane C.S.C., Retired Faculty/Coach, Holy Cross High School (Notre Dame, IN), Sister Denise Conway CND, Retired Administrator, Holy Cross High School (Waterbury, CT), Joseph Jacovino, Jr., Retired Faculty/Music Director (Middlebury, CT) & Ed Generali, Retired Director of Guidance/Head Basketball Coach, Holy Cross High School (Westerly, RI)
The Saint Marguerite Bourgeoys Award:
- Recipient: Kevin McSherry '75, Attorney at Law (Naugatuck, CT)