Holy Cross High School will induct eight individuals and one athletic team into the Crusader Hall of Honor on Thursday, November 29, 2018 at La Bella Vista at 6:00p.m. Alumni, teachers, administrators, friends and athletic teams are recognized in this prestigious group for their achievements and contributions to Holy Cross and/or their local communities. Tickets are $60.00 and can be purchased by calling 203.574.5422 ext. 264, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by registering online at www.HolyCrossHS-ct.com.
"Education at Holy Cross requires the development of the mind, the cultivation of the heart, a kindled zeal for service, faithful encouragement, and a commitment to the greater good," said President Paul G. Geise. "Our recipients this year are exemplars of the highest Holy Cross ideals."
The Crusader Hall of Honor is comprised of several distinguished awards:
The Crusader Award, honoring an alumnus/a who distinguished himself/herself during his/her time at Holy Cross
- Recipients: Carmen P. Giampetruzzi '82, Entrepreneur/Business Owner (Manchester, NH), Lt. Col. Gralyn Harris '77, Retired Army Lieutenant Colonel (Evans, GA)
The Saint Andre Bessette Award, honoring an alumnus/a who distinguished himself/herself in life after high school
- Recipient:Sandra Vigliotti Senich '82, Managing Director US Trust Bank of America Private Wealth Management (Woodbury, CT)
The Blessed Father Basil Moreau Award, honoring a coach, teacher, administrator or staff member for their stand-out, outstanding service to Holy Cross
- Recipients: Br. Tom Dziekan, C.S.C., Provincial Superior, Congregation of Holy Cross, Moreau Province (Austin, TX), Sr. Pat Jamele, Retired Guidance Counselor, Holy Cross High School (Waterbury, CT), Margaret Leger, Retired Administrator, Holy Cross High School, Amadeo Rinaldi, Retired Administrator, Holy Cross High School (Waterbury, CT)
The Saint Marguerite Bourgeoys Award, honoring the contributions of our loyal friends of Holy Cross
- Recipient: Dr. Robert Porzio '72, Chiropractor, Porzio Chiropractic Center (Waterbury, CT )
The Green and Gold Award, honoring teams that have brought respect and honor to Holy Cross High School because of their outstanding accomplishments while in high school.
- Recipient: The 1988 Varsity Boys' Basketball Team (In honor of their 1988 Class LL State Championship win, the first State Championship in school history)
Other accomplishments and recognitions will be celebrated at this event:
- Long-time Theology teacher and recent retiree, Dennis Killian will be celebrated for his 33 years of service.
- Science teacher, Nicholas Lauzon, will be honored as Holy Cross's Educator of the Year.
- Maryann Dzinski '84 will receive The Father Francis Grogan Service Award, honoring an individual, from our school community for her loyal and dedicated service to Holy Cross.
"We are thrilled to have this outstanding group entering the Crusader Hall of Honor this fall," said Jerry Ciarleglio '72, Director of Athletics/Hall of Honor Committee Member. "They have accomplished so much in their lives and have done so many good things for others. They truly represent the mission of Holy Cross and it is an honor for us to be able to recognize them for that."