Holy Cross High School will induct nine individuals and one athletic team into the Crusader Hall of Honor on Thursday, November 21, 2019 at La Bella Vista at 6:00p.m. Alumni, teachers, administrators, friends and athletic teams are recognized in this prestigious group for their achievements and contributions to Holy Cross and/or their local communities. Tickets are $65.00 and can be purchased by calling 203.757.9248 ext. 221, by emailing Cary Fappiano '85, Director of the Annual Fund and Alumni Relations or by registering online at www.HolyCrossHS-ct.com.
"This year's Crusader Hall of Honor class is truly exceptional," said President, Dr. Thomas C. Pellegrino. "When I look at this year's honorees, I see everything that makes Holy Cross unique in terms of our educational mission, our commitment to character and intellect, and the critical role that we play in the educational marketplace. Our honorees reflect the power and possibility of a Holy Cross education."
The Crusader Hall of Honor is comprised of several distinguished awards:
- The Crusader Award, honoring an alumnus/a who distinguished himself/herself during his/her time at Holy Cross; Recipient: Marissa Follo Perry '03, Actor (Beacon Falls, CT)
- The Saint Andre Bessette Award, honoring an alumnus/a who distinguished himself/herself in life after high school; Recipient: Kristen Jacoby '85, President/Chief Professional Officer, United Way of Greater Waterbury (Woodbury, CT)
- The Blessed Father Basil Moreau Award, honoring a coach, teacher, administrator or staff member for their stand-out, outstanding service to Holy Cross; Recipients: Jerry Ciarleglio '72, Director of Athletics, Holy Cross High School (Waterbury, CT), Denise Marcella, Retired Educator (Watertown, CT), Clare Matasavage, Retired Educator/Basketball, Softball, Track and Volleyball Coach (The Villages, FL), Br. John Paige, C.S.C., Assistant Dean for High School Programming, Dreeben School of Education, University of the Incarnate World (San Antonio, TX) & Br. Jerome D. Donnelly, C.S.C. (Former President, Holy Cross High School)
- The Saint Marguerite Bourgeoys Award, honoring the contributions of our loyal friends of Holy Cross; Recipient:William Stevens '73, Attorney at Law (Watertown, CT)
- The Green and Gold Award, honoring teams that have brought respect and honor to Holy Cross High School because of their outstanding accomplishments while in high school. Recipient:The 1989 Softball Team
Other accomplishments and recognitions will be celebrated at this event:
- Long-time Art teacher and recent retiree, Michael Marseglia, will be celebrated for his many years of service.
- Science teacher, Sarah Ciarleglio '08, will be honored as Holy Cross's Educator of the Year.
- We will also announce the recipient(s) of The Father Francis Grogan Service Award which honors an individual(s), from our school community for his/her loyal and dedicated service to Holy Cross.